Thank you to all the teams that participated in the Inaugural Cincinnati Soccer Talk FootGolf Classic presented by the Joseph Auto Group on August 20th. The event sold out with 18 teams registered! Those teams braved the elements to come out and have fun to benefit a great cause.
A special shout out goes to FC Cincinnati General Manager Jeff Berding and team members Alvaro Ripoll, Jamie Dell, Francisco Narbon, and Michael Millay for attending.
With your help we were able to raise nearly $1,100 and help approximately 50 children for Sports Games for Kids (SGFK), a non-profit organization dedicated to sharing the joy of sports and a day at a sporting event with kids experiencing adverse conditions. At each event the child gets a ticket, custom t-shirt, meal, snacks, and more to make it a one of a kind experience.
On August 24th, SGFK was able to take from both Children’s Hospital as well as orphans in Lighthouse Youth Services foster care program to the FC Cincinnati match! They were able to march in with the supporters groups, had their fill of snacks at the game, and even had a custom Tifo displayed at the match.
Thank you to these companies for donating Raffle Prizes:
- 513Shirts.com- Custom Shirts Set
- Braxton Brewery- Growler Gift Set
- Die Innenstadt- Custom Crystal Palace Posters
- Queen City Firm- 2 Lifetime Memberships & Youth Soccer Baskets
- Skyline Chili Forest Park- Gift basket
- CincyShirts.com– FC Cincinnati Shirt Basket
- Michael Stump & Jason DeBruer of Alchmst.com– Signed FC Cincinnati Flag
- Alex Vehr- Photo Artwork from CST photojournalist
- Bryan Weigel-“Fat Head” Style Artwork featuring the Bailey
- FC Cincinnati– Signed Ball from
- Fifty West Brewing Company- Growler Gift Basket & Glassware
- Miscellaneous FC Cincinnati apparel and accessories.
Your Winners- The Queen City Firm
Highlights from this year’s CST FootGolf Classic
What is FootGolf?
FootGolf is a very ‘addictive’ sport that combines the best of the popular sport of soccer with an elite sport like golf. Similar to golf, the players’ intent is to kick a ball into the hole with the least amount of strokes possible. FootGolf uses the basic model of golf, with a tee box, a green, bunker, hazards and 9/18 holes of play. There is par for each hole, mimicking golf’s scorecard, and you still play as a twosome, threesome or foursome.
Here are the details:
$160 per team includes
- 18 hole scramble of FootGolf
- Participant Gift
- Hole prizes and contests
- 2 drink (beer or soft drink) tickets per golfer for use at Reeves
- Dinner celebration/raffle at Fifty West Brewery immediately following FootGolf