Last weekend, Cincinnati Soccer Talk was able to attend an FC Cincinnati training session at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. The previous training session was a recovery session, but for the Friday session, the team would be back to full intensity. There was a buzz among the players as they came onto the field and began to prepare for the session. The weather was pleasant. The wind we saw for our earlier interviews had died down and the sun was starting to come out.
Before the training session, we were able to speak with Marco Dominguez (#21). Marco was very personable and excited to talk. He’s a bit of a joker and was teasing some of the other players we interviewed previously, so we, of course, decided to “put the shoe on the other foot” as the expression goes. Before we got started, he was giving Matt Shisler, the Team Manager, who nicely volunteered to hold the camera, a hard time for taking too long getting ready for the upcoming training.
- Wanted to join FC Cincinnati when he watched them last year
- Enjoys the Newport Aquarium, http://www.newportaquarium.com
- Wants to visit the Cincinnati Zoo, http://cincinnatizoo.org/
- Was surprised that fans came to training and wanted autographs afterward. Very happy with the fans interest.
- Feels like part of the team. He’s young but players come and talk with him.
- FCC Front Office is “incredible”
- Dynamic and physical player with a good vision of the pitch
- Wants to continue to improve his technical skills
- FIFA: PS4 and Juventus
- Inspired by Jason Di Tullio, ex player for Montreal, now a coach for the first team
Check back to find out who else Cincinnati Soccer Talk catches up with next.